EMPLOYABILITY SERIES WORKSHOPS
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Have you ever encountered an unpleasant customer and not known what to do? Do you worry that you’re not assertive enough with demanding people? Do you struggle to solve problems? Do you know who your customers are? Do you have individual and organizational goals to strive for? This one day workshop will help you in all of these areas, and more!
How You Will Benefit:
- Recognize that service delivery is an individual response value.
- Understand how your own behavior impacts the behavior of others.
- Develop more confidence and skill as a problem-solver.
- Communicate more assertively and effectively.
- Learn some ways to make customer service a team approach
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING – Problem-solving and decision-making are important skills for business and our personal lives. There are processes and techniques to improve decision-making and the quality of decisions .Problem-solving and decision making are activities part of everyone’s day. But how many of us have had training in problem-solving? We know it’s a critical element of our work but do we know how to do it effectively?
- Increase your awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools.
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution.Improve your problem solving and decision making skills through identifying your own problem solving style.
- Identify ways to think creatively and work towards creative solutions.
ORGANIZATION AND PLANNING SKILLS – Today we are plugged into work 24/7 moving from task to task, checking e-mail, making calls, texting, running to continual meetings, and always focused on the next task. You work daily at a breakneck pace, only to find that you haven’t accomplished the critical tasks at the end of your day.
- Understand the relevance of organization and planning
- Determine effective organization techniques and process for great productivity
- including planning, time management, teamwork, delegation and the use of systems
PRESENTATION SKILLS – A great presenter has two notable qualities: appropriate skills and personal confidence. Confidence comes from knowing what you want to say and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this one-day workshop, you will master the skills that will make you a better speaker and presenter.
- Establish rapport with your audience
- Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Understand your strengths as a presenter
- Develop techniques to create a professional presence
- Learn some different ways to prepare and organize information
TEAM WORK AND HIGH PERFORMING TEAMS – Teams are an important building block of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports the completion of an organizations tasks to accomplish their goals.
- Techniques for building team trust
- Recognize the key elements of empowering their team
- Develop strategies for dealing with team conflict and common problems
- Use action planning and analysis tools to help their team perform better
VERBAL COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES – This one-day workshop is designed to help you improve your interactions with other people in your workplace or at home. This workshop gives participants the opportunity to improve the critical communication skills of listening, asking questions and being aware of nonverbal messages.
- Identify common communication problems
- Develop skills in asking questions
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically
- Enhance the ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations assertively
- Discuss good and bad communication for your company culture.
NEGOTIATION SKILLS – Negotiation is a key skill that, when mastered, can enhance communications and provide better results with our everyday business and personal challenges to arrive at collaborative and sustainable agreements. Whether you’re new to job hunting or a seasoned pro, the art of salary negotiation tactics and avoiding salary negotiation landmines are key to obtaining the job offer you seek and the salary you deserve.
- Understanding and applying the basic principles of negotiation
- Preparing for the negotiation
- Responding effectively to challenges
- Creating win-win situations
- Developing sustainable agreements
- Maintaining composure when things become heated
- Collaborate and foster cooperation
Excel 2016 Introduction
This course presents a solid working knowledge of the most commonly used features in Excel and an understanding of the most widely used business software in the world.
With organizations depending on a constantly growing quantity of data to make sound decisions it is becoming more and more challenging to find individuals who are familiar with manipulating data. You will start with opening an Excel document and saving it onto your computer.
Excel helps organize, calculate, analyze, revise, update and present data. It makes tasks easier to accomplish. This course provides a robust foundation of Excel knowledge and skills on which you can build to eventually become an expert in data manipulation.
- Saving Documents to Locations You Remember
- The Excel Interface – The Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Creating, saving and sharing workbooks
- Cell characteristics and basic operations
- Modifying Cells, Columns and Rows
- Formatting Cells
- Understanding Number and Date Formats
- Working with Multiple Worksheets
- Using Find and Replace
- Checking Spelling
- Page Layout and Printing
- Introduction to Formulas
- Creating Complex Formulas
- Relative and Absolute Cell References
- Introduction to Functions
- Sorting and Filtering Data
Excel 2016 Intermediate
This course builds upon the basic foundation you gained in the Excel 2016 Introduction course and will help to create more advanced workbooks and worksheets. Working with numbers for sales, inventory, information technology or human resources is fundamentally the same. It depends on the ability to get the correct information to the right people at the right time which creates a powerful competitive advantage.
You already know how to get Excel to perform simple calculations and how to modify your workbooks and worksheets to make them easier to read, interpret and present to others. Excel is capable of doing much more. To gain a truly competitive edge, you need to be able to extract actionable intelligence and information from raw data. This course will help you do just that.
- Review of Formulas and Functions
- Review of Relative and Absolute References
- Working with Data
- Freezing Panes and Views
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Groups and Subtotals
- Working with Date Tables
- Displaying Data with Charts
- Conditional Formatting
- Pivot Tables
- VLookup and How to Use It
- Conditional Functions
- Tracking Changes and Comments
- Inspecting and Protecting Workbooks
- What If Analysis